In an ever changing and increasingly competitive world, young people need to develop the skills and behaviours needed for great careers. At St Paul's we offer a fantastic range of experiences which enable young people to 'add value' to themselves and prove to universities and future employers that they have a wealth of transferable skills that make them 'stand out from the crowd'.
What's On Offer:
- Additional qualifications that are recognised and valued by universities, most notably The Extended Project Qualification.
- Additional language qualifications to meet the demands of international markets.
- Courses that enable students to pursue an interest but also add value by providing leadership experience, gain voluntary experience and also achieve a recognised qualification. These include Language Leaders and Sports Leaders.
- Opportunities and courses which prepare for life beyond school: work experience that is linked to a future career path, and Young Enterprise which gives students the opportunity to start and run their own business.
- Opportunities which help students to decide their future pathway: visits to universities, university summer schools, apprenticeship and career roadshows.
- A wide range of sporting activities including the possibility of achieving coaching qualifications.
- Unique experiences on residential trips including retreats and trips abroad, most notably, World Challenge.
- Voluntary work, pursuing Duke of Edinburgh Awards (including DofE Gold), being a member of the student council, the debating society and taking part in competitions and challenges such as the Engineering Education Scheme and the National Business Challenge.