As parents at St Paul's Catholic School we are all members of the Parent Teacher Association.
Our main aim is to support all parents, guardians, teachers and pupils to love, serve and do the best that is possible. The contribution that the PTA makes is testament to our enthusiasm and commitment to support the school's key goals and to provide our children with that little bit extra that makes our school special.
How do we raise money and what do we spend it on?
We do not need to organise many fund-raising events as most of our fund-raising comes from the profits of the school shop, which sells the school uniform. Every penny raised benefits all our children. Past events or equipment that we have funded are:
- Specialised sports equipment such as outdoor table tennis tables.
- Lunch benches for the playground.
- TV screens for the Sixth Form.
- Exam pens for dyslexia.
- School trips, for example residential trips to Buckden Towers, Art trips to New York and language trips abroad.
- A trip to Uganda to establish the link with our partner school there.
- Supporting students with course fees for extra-curricular activities.
- Equipment for the prayer area in the 6th form.
- Equipment for the Drama department to use for serving refreshments during intervals of productions.
- A telescope for the Astronomy club.
- Tall ships trips.
How can you get involved?
PTA meetings provide a fantastic opportunity to meet other parents, which is not always easy at secondary level, and also to become better informed about issues and events affecting school life.
Meetings are open to all parents, carers and guardians. New members will be warmly welcomed. It is not imperative that all meetings are attended - any level of support will be greatly appreciated.
We meet once every half term on the second Tuesday at 7pm in Meeting Room 3 (for exact dates please refer to the latest Newsletter as these are subject to change).
We look forward to seeing you.
With warmest regards,
Bernadette Lavelle - Chair
Gina Piacquadio & Celine Doyle - School Uniform
Lina Colarusso -Treasurer
Elizabeth Bennett-Sulsh - Liaison with Leadership
Arlene Peters - Secretary